I had a picture in my head of a cute egg cozy. I searched the internet for an example, but couldn’t find it. So I had to take the plunge and try myself from scratch. Here you can see the result, and I will share the pattern I made. Have fun and keep your eggs warm ^-^
- Cotton yarn, for a 2,5 – 3 sized hook, in off-white and a few colours for the flowers.
- 3,0 mm crochet hook
- stitch marker
- Darning needle
US terms: sc = single crochet
- Start with an adjustable ring, chain 1 to fix
- Round 1: 5 sc in the adjustable ring, slipstitch in the first sc
- Round 2: 2 sc in each sc (10 sc) Don’t slipstitch at the end! (Use a stitch marker to mark the beginning)
- Round 3: *1 sc in first sc, 2 sc in the second sc* repeat from * (15 sc)
- Round 4: *1 sc in first sc, 2 sc in the second sc* repeat from * (22 sc)
- Round 5: *1 sc in first sc, 1 sc in second sc, 2 sc in third sc* repeat from * (28 sc)
- Round 6 – 14: 1 sc in each sc
- Round 15: chain 3, slipstitch in first sc, *chain 3, slipstitch in next sc* repeat from *
- Darn in the edges and create three flowers with a detached chain stitch and a french knot as flower heart.